Friday 29 May 2009

and now.......... Vancouver

Our little cruise around the Pacific ocean has been amazing and the early morning arrival at Vancouver was beautiful. The sky started to lighten at 0345 just as I was taking over my bridge watch. It was much cooler than we have felt in a while, but then it would be when compared to Tahiti, Galapagos Islands & sunny California. The bridge doors were open though because the fresh smell of pine trees could be smelt on the morning air. As the sun rose and we progressed up the narrow channels on the swirling currents it felt like summer and looked like summer at home, apart from the snow capped mountains of course.
I am not sure if it was the stark difference in the places that we have visited so far on this voyage that has made this fresh Canadian morning so vivid, but it was incredibly vivid and everyone could feel it and smell it.

For the first time in recent history the Canadian immigration let me enter this lovely country without the slightest bother! (It has always been a little awkward here since the incident). The beautiful bit was where I greeted 3 immigration officers and enjoyed stopping them at our door to slowly and carefully check their ID. I then made them take off their big boots too. Brilliant!

2 comments:

  1. well done with the boots bloke did they ask about me? can you fix it when i come next time

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would fix it for ya Paul, only they have finally realised that YOU were the cause of the trouble! The less said about our little incident the better!

    ReplyDelete