Saturday 26 January 2013


Another week has slipped by quickly. Britain has been frozen and everyone is surprised at endless transport confusion and delay, as per every time it has snowed in Britain, for as many years I can remember. This Mayhem during snow days is as British as the Queen. It is part of our personality that we obviously like. We seem wholeheartedly unwilling to change our attitude or prepare in any way and everyone seems to enjoy a jolly good moan about it..

The misery of this cold Monday morning was lost on me as I ran through Hove park and out of the town, heading for the open countryside. My feet making fresh tracks in the ankle deep snow and my breaths freezing and hanging in the air as I went happily on my way. I am still not as fit or as slim as I would like but I am very happy when out for a long run. I am training for another event that will take place in the Lake district this July. More about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment