Monday 28 January 2013

Family Caribbean adventure


On the eve of or family holiday to the Caribbean our over privileged 2 year old has know idea how lucky he is, or how the military precision of his mothers planning is wearing a bit thin on his more laid back father. Of course she is right, gone are the days of throwing a few pairs of shorts into a bag and heading of with wild abandon. The boy child does require quite a bit more consideration.
I have very few expectations for our family holiday and expect that the dress code will switch between the two pairs of swim shorts that I have packed and that we will have long days exploring and playing.
St Lucia was the first sight of land for me when I completed my first ever transatlantic sailing voyage on board, Tenacious as a keen bosun back on 2004. The sight of land so sweet after 3 weeks at sea. It was wonderful that a local photographer (above pic) thought that we were a pretty sight as well.
I know that this visit to the island will be very different to my previous visit but I am still thrilled and excited, looking forward to sharing the sights and sounds with my wife and son and hoping to feel the sun on my back at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment