Saturday 9 January 2010

Saturday morning run





After a slightly traumatic checking out of the trails last week I hit them in earnest today and am happy to say that there were no dramas. There was a funny moment though. I had made it right to the top of the trail to the summit of a small mountain and I was happily trotting back down the path when a very skinny older lady who was walking up the hill said to me, "You missed the peak!" I looked at her oddly and thought to myself 'No I didn't lady. I was very definitely on the peak, and how would you know anyway?" Luckily these were just thoughts and she could obviously seance my confusion and she repeated " you missed the peak!" Wacko, I thought.Then she clarified slightly in her very German accent " You just missed seeing a piig! A beeg wild piig just valking past me on zee path"
Those damn pigs!

No comments:

Post a Comment