Thursday 1 September 2011

Summer starts with classic Alfresco



At the beginning of the summer I thought that I might write every week which has clearly not been possible. Today I am making an effort to catch up with events so far because there is an imminent 'boy adventure' This needs to be documented properly but there is no way it can just jump in without a mention of the brilliant events of the summer so far.
Work ended for this rotation during mid July and the hectic pace of work was replaced with family life. This was the first time that I had left work by car and I was looking forward to it, as the small Packham family left Marseille early on the 14th July, to start our meander home through France. Our first stop was with friends in Fayance, in the mountains just north of the coast at Nice. This allowed some wonderful alfresco eating and some drinking of wine cooled by the trickling town fountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment