Tuesday 12 February 2013

Sand Sculptures



 
On our family holidays to the beach at Margate, my dad always used to make me and my brothers a sand sculpted boat that we could play in on the beach. His were precise and neatly sculpted in perfect proportion. The boats I am now crafting in the sand are small and roughly made but it is difficult not to want to try and recreate happy memories from my youth when playing with my own son on the beach. He does seem to enjoy the boats I have made but my sculptures are having to evolve with demands for such delights as teletubbies and robots. I wonder what he will end up building for his kids..

1 comment:

  1. Not exactly a hard man to find, more mildly elusive. If you fancy some ramblings in the Welsh Marches, that's where I (we) am now, in a knackered 16th cent farm. Sheep in blizzards at the moment :-)

    Mark

    mark@griffinhistorical.com

    ReplyDelete