Saturday 4 April 2009

Boo Hoo

Claire and I were sat drinking a cup of Saturday morning tea. I fired up the computer to check my e mails and as expected there was an e mail from work.
We both sat quietly as the sad reality sank in. Damn it! someone has bought me a ticket to Tahiti and I leave for there on Wednesday next week!
I have been travelling away for work for some years now and Tahiti is probably one of the most exciting and certainly one of the most exotic places that I have been required to go to. As always the time at home is too short and the wrench of leaving for work is the same that anyone feels on a normal Monday morning, only I am leaving on Wednesday and not coming home again until one Wednesday in August, leaving my wife and our new home for 4 long months!
Of course there will be adventure, excitements and as yet unknown destinations along with surreal situations. I will enjoy the challenges that we will face on our journeys but I will endlessly miss being at home. It is laughable to say that I am not excited to be flown to a small, French Polynesian island where the 'Austral winter' is just beginning! What that means, I have no idea but the temperature all year round is between 24 and 34 deg's C and the water temperature in the perfect turquoise lagoon is a tepid 23 to 26 degrees.
There are still three and a half good days of home time left which I am intending to cherish as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment