Sunday 19 April 2009

Sunday 19th April

The mood has lightened on board as the half way point of our journey was achieved during yesterday. The extensive media server that we have on board has been searched for programs on the Galapagos and we have had our fill of David Attenborough describing the wonders of the place and of Darwin, the voyages and discoveries of the 'Beagle' etc.
Excitement of the destination, a brightening of the weather and of the crew spirits is noticeable. Sundays have a slightly different routine about them too, which is one small thing.
Today's fire drill livened things up a bit too. Mostly because it also breaks routine and raises peoples heart rate a bit. Not mine though! because I was the one who set the alarm off. I tried in vein this morning, to raise my heart rate by using the boats gym and can feel my standing in the Sussex men's fitness league slipping yet further. I don't believe however, that I continue to be alone in division two of that league.... You know who you are....

No comments:

Post a Comment