Friday 10 April 2009

Made it To Paradise

Flying to Tahiti from London is a bloody long way... My arms are killing me!

Now don't be silly, not even Cliff could fly that far! I hear that he is very strong though and still leads up the Sussex men's fitness table. (bastard)

A 4am arrival in Tahiti is a far cry from the craziness of Heathrow and LA International. Even at 4am there are dudes playing the Ukulele and singing while pretty Polynesian girls hand out flowers. The heat, despite the early hours has that un-mistakable tropical smell to it and that physical density of the humidity that feel immediately

There was a little lady proudly holding a board with my name on it at the arrivals and before you could say Ukulele I was swept away towards the port.

The boat looked fantastic actually. After 4 months on board you get very used to it but a 2 months break at home has made the, 'Wow factor' kick back in. This is home now for the next few months, I am sad to be back at work leaving behind Claire and my real home. I guess this makes that all the more sweet but here I am so may as well get on and enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment