Sunday 19 July 2009

'Bean' there and done it Again!


It is wonderful to be in one place for a while and Vancouver has to be one of the best. I generally like to find a small, quiet place with friendly people, who get to know my name. A place where I can go and relax away from the boat. Here in Vancouver it was the 'Bean' coffee shop, The Bean Around The World was virtually at the top of the boats gangway and the staff and customers made me feel really welcome. This is my new favorite. As if anyone would care about Daren's guide to worlds best coffee shop hangouts.
#1 Bean Around the world, North Vancouver
#2 Sentient Bean, Savannah, USA
#3 Esperanto, West Village New York
The last day in Vancouver started with a coffee at the bean and then we over did it a bit on the exercise. We cycled the 50 minutes to the foot of Grouse mountain and had a final go at the 'Grind'. Powered by Canada's finest Java I made a small improvement on my time... I have managed to climb to the top of Grouse Mountain in just under 54 minutes! Thats it now. I have done that! I can't see me beating that time unless of course one of my friends from home manages to do 53 mins, then I might be tempted back to beat them but for now I'm all ground out.


1 comment:

  1. Hey boys, that sounds pretty much like fighting talk to me!

    ReplyDelete