Saturday 4 July 2009

Grouse Grind take 2

After work on Thursday we decided to go to the mountain again. I was keen to beat my 59 minute time and Christian and I thought it might be best to bring Emily the nurse (just in case)

A passer bye was roped into taking this picture our 'before', You will see that we have done so much running that our legs have been worn out, almost to the knees!
Unfortunately we found the Grouse Grind path, was closed for maintenance so we were a little disappointed but soon found a trail going down the valley that was so beautiful the mountain was almost forgotten. Pictures of that trail will follow tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. HA! That's cut you down to size!

    Although I have to concede that you are the quicker out of us... my home-made Blighty Grouse Grind was 1040m in height and 5.2km long and I reckon that 933m of it took me an hour and a half compared to your sub-hour time.

    I shall now tootle orf to meet the relegation board, pending my transfer to Girl Guides Division 2. PAH, rats!

    ReplyDelete