Wednesday 20 February 2013

A new Route

 
 
 
Taken from Devils Dyke car park towads Truliegh Hill
 
                                                         The Radio Mast at Truliegh Hill

                                                Looking back to Devils Dyke from Truliegh Hill

I decided on a new route, which was a good idea because it added a level of interest and helped towards the motivation that I needed. The South Downs National Park backs neatly onto Brighton and Hove and there is several options for starting points. I drove to a local beauty spot called 'Devils Dyke' It is just a 5 minute drive from my home and is normally discounted by me because it is the closest to the city and therefore the busiest. I often run up here from home and the starting point of today's run is more likely to be my turn around point.
Today though I parked up and jogged out towards the radio masts at Truliegh Hill. My pace started slowly and just as I was getting up to a comfortable rhythm, I slipped on the wet ground and fell on my fat arse. Obviously a treat to entertain the several dog walkers in the vicinity. Just after the tumble, within the first mile I got chased down by a small dog that was keen to try biting my ankles, my reasons for skipping this area were starting to be confirmed. However once I was a mile or more from the car park I enjoyed the trail to myself on a beautiful day. I am pleased that I had overcome my lethargy and although I am a long way from being addicted to running, this was an important step to keep me going out and towards the goal of reaching the belt hole of champions.

No comments:

Post a Comment