Tuesday 12 February 2013

'Hangouts'

I have been lucky enough to sail around the world on various yachts and boats and explored different places. Everywhere I go, I am always on the lookout for the refuge of a coffee shop or bar where I can sit alone or with a few friends to enjoy an hour or two away from work.The places I choose are selected by no specific criteria, they don't need to have special culinary excellence or sell the best coffee or make the best cocktails, they just have to suit me and I will have enjoyed the atmosphere and then filed the place away in my small brain for future reference or when I may one day, by hook or by crook return again.

As I discover more or return to my favourite 'hangouts' I will share them here and post a few pics.




Last week I took my family to one of my favourite Caribbean 'hangouts' The Jambe de Bois on Pigeon Island, St Lucia. This is a classic with rustic furniture on a deck overlooking the water. Plants and flowers crawling up the walls, a definite winner for lunch or a sun downer. The food was not excellent but the atmosphere was still as I remembered and what a setting! Lovely to share with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment