Monday 18 February 2013

Energy v Lethargy

Some people say that running can be addictive. I personally really like to go for a run and if you go regularly you do start to scratch at the door like a dog the minute time allows and when time does not allow, you look sadly out of the window wishing you could go. Strange though this addiction because if you stop going for just a week of two, you honestly can't be bothered if you ever run again. Lethargy starts to win over exercise quite quickly. This is certainly my personal experience.

Today the sky was clear, I had time and this morning I found myself procrastinating over a cup of coffee in my local coffee house. I was composing a list of tasks that I need to achieve before going back to work in a few weeks time and at the top of my list for today was, 'go for a run'

I knew from experience that I needed to try and go out for a bit of a run today because deep down I can still feel the rumblings of the need and passion for the open trail and can remember how good it makes me feel. If I do not go it will get harder and harder to get back out there and my belt hole will slowly slip out a notch or two and I will eventually feel slow and fat.

I resolved that I must go and so today energy has won over lethargy.

No comments:

Post a Comment