Tuesday 12 February 2013

Holiday Reading Material

A genre of reading material that is in a very narrow band, is those books which I have read purely because they were written by someone I know. For some reason I know 3 published authors, probably more. (Please let me know)

This was the reason that I was reading a book called, 'The Gordonston Ladies Dog Walking Club' on my holiday. I worked with the author Duncan while I was in Savannah and I really enjoyed the book dispite the fact that I wouldn't have chosen it off the shelf. When reading a book written by a friend you can't help yourself trying to find a hint of their personality between the lines. In this book Duncan's twisted sense of humour was easily spotted.

The other authors, Orson Wedgwood the auther I know the best, wrote Deadly Medicine. Again not a book I would have seeked out but a very good read non the less. Roustabout by Michelle Chalfoun was a harrowing tale. I sailed with her for just a few weeks, she jumped ship in New York because she had gained the publishing deal. She seemed like such a sweet girl, I knew that she had spent time with a travelling circus but I was slightly disturbed, not so much at the book but because I hoped for her that this was a work of pure fiction. I have never seen her again to ask..

No comments:

Post a Comment